College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227576 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 06:28 Sun 11/20/2011

A wins a win baby! Going bowling. There were reps from the Independence Bowl there interested in possibly setting up a Boise St. Miami matchup. Would be a cool matchup, but they’d prolly slaughter us.

UCF...giggle

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 08:23 Sun 11/20/2011

Was just looking at some recruiting classes on a beautiful Sunday morning while I gear up for a day of sitting on the couch in a fantasy football coma.

Eric, is the state of West Virginia that devoid of talent that you dont have one in-state commit so far this year? I knew it was bad, but didnt think that bad.

Also, they just mentioned the streak on NFL countodown!!!!!!!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 09:06 Sun 11/20/2011

Wonder why Daknole stopped posting here? Could it be because FSU lost to yet another high school level team?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:17 Sun 11/20/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Wonder why Daknole stopped posting here? Could it be because FSU lost to yet another high school level team?

Cockiness and lack of results in this thread = ridicule and scorn

Some people can handle it, some can’t.

Tough game in the swamp with two teams that aren’t very good to cap off the season.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 09:31 Sun 11/20/2011

Virginia is actually fairly decent this year.

But agreed...Daknole is a muppet, like most Noles.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 11:33 Sun 11/20/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10

Virginia is actually fairly decent this year.

But agreed...Daknole is a muppet, like most Noles.

Gumby, Virginia is not fairly decent, nor is Wake Forest, nor is Duke, nor is...I think you get the picture. Wide left.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 13:29 Sun 11/20/2011

Miami self imposes bowl ban. Thought this could happen and maybe the smartest thing to get it over with when having a bad year. Dissapointing for the seniors.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 13:46 Sun 11/20/2011

What a clusterfuck at the end of the Tennessee/Vandy game. Ultimately it was the right result done the wrong way. Even as a Vols fan, the whistle blew, right or wrong, that play is dead. We should have just gone on offense and would have likely won anyway. I’m tired of instant replay fucking everything up. It creates just as many problems as it solves, deflates stadium energy, and changes on field calls just from its presence.

A lot of terrible end games yesterday, UT/Vandy (2 teams combine for 3 pick sixes), FSU/UVA (Featuring play calling from the Les Miles School of Clock Management), BU/OU (Stoops calling a timeout was a hilarious backfire)

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 13:52 Sun 11/20/2011

Miami streak in jeopardy.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:27 Sun 11/20/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
Miami self imposes bowl ban. Thought this could happen and maybe the smartest thing to get it over with when having a bad year. Dissapointing for the seniors.

You think that will make the NCAA happy? That is one of the funniest things I think you have ever posted.