College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227581 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:20 Thu 11/17/2011

Current top 5 active streaks of a school’s alumni scoring an NFL TD:

Miami (FL) - 149

Pittsburgh - 12

Tennessee - 5

Minnesota - 5

LSU - 4

Virginia - 4

Western Michigan - 4

Again...this is the most underappreciated streak in sports history. Almost unfathomable.

Just trying to inject some life inot this thread on a slow Thursday.

Discuss.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:39 Fri 11/18/2011

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7248953/bcs-proposes-only-handling-national-championship-game-sources-say

Good read on a BCS restructuring/pullback.

Good for conferences with historically strong bowl ties. Bad for Big East and non-AQs (which I rather like)

OrlGamecock
06:51 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
Current top 5 active streaks of a school’s alumni scoring an NFL TD:

Miami (FL) - 149

Pittsburgh - 12

Tennessee - 5

Minnesota - 5

LSU - 4

Virginia - 4

Western Michigan - 4

Again...this is the most underappreciated streak in sports history. Almost unfathomable.

Just trying to inject some life inot this thread on a slow Thursday.

Discuss.

It’s Miami fans way of dealing with the fact that their football program sucks, has sucked for the past 5 years, and will continue to suck for the next 5 years. You asked for a discussion...

OrlGamecock
07:39 Fri 11/18/2011

BTW, my prediction at the beginning of the season was gamecocks going 10-2, looks like another success. I really don’t see Clemson beating us. Anyone else get close, I know J and Cheese didn’t.

Cajun
beers 609 º places 4 º 09:51 Fri 11/18/2011

An LSU loss to Woo Pig Sooie is certainly going to throw a wrench in the whole system.

’Bama beats ARK

LSU beats ’Bama

ARK beats LSU

Each with one loss for the season. I have no illusions about LSU still making the SEC Championship game then. This is a "what have you done for me lately" system. It’s better to lose early than lose late. Not to put anymore bad gris-gris on my Tigers, but we’d better just run the freakin’ table and put all this debate to bed! Va ta coucher!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 11:22 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by OrlGamecock
BTW, my prediction at the beginning of the season was gamecocks going 10-2, looks like another success. I really don’t see Clemson beating us. Anyone else get close, I know J and Cheese didn’t.

You also predicted the Gamecocks winning the east and going to Atlanta, odd that you would leave that bit of information out. Clemson by 10 BTW.

OrlGamecock
11:38 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by OrlGamecock

You also predicted the Gamecocks winning the east and going to Atlanta, odd that you would leave that bit of information out. Clemson by 10 BTW.

Never expected GA to win out after losing to us... I don’t think anyone really did, so ya my mistake. They still can lose tomorrow though.

and F a tiger

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:48 Fri 11/18/2011

I chose 8-4 for the Hawkeyes.. they can still do that, but it’ll be a tough two final games.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:03 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by Cajun
An LSU loss to Woo Pig Sooie is certainly going to throw a wrench in the whole system.

’Bama beats ARK

LSU beats ’Bama

ARK beats LSU

Each with one loss for the season. I have no illusions about LSU still making the SEC Championship game then. This is a "what have you done for me lately" system. It’s better to lose early than lose late. Not to put anymore bad gris-gris on my Tigers, but we’d better just run the freakin’ table and put all this debate to bed! Va ta coucher!

Better look out for Ole Miss, I really like their effort the past few weeks and Houston Nutt is a genius.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:15 Fri 11/18/2011

I asked for 8 wins and with a bowl win that can still happen. Far cry from what all the experts picked AU to do this year. Chikfila bowl is a possible destination.

I have seen some AU fans in meltdown mode, bunch of clowns. From last year’s team we lost 24 seniors, 3 left early for the NFL and five were kicked for thuggery. Can’t start so many underclassmen against the SEC and expect miracle to happen. Both lines are so young and it has showed all year. I just hope we can keep it from getting ugly against Bama. Looks like we’ll have five 5 star recruits on campus for the Iron Bowl.

Malzahn rumors are in full swing. To UNC as Butch Davis replacement.