College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227569 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 08:06 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Very possible that the loser of the LSU-’Bama game could end up in the national title game if the loss is close and the winner goes on to lose in the SEC championship game. Crazier things have happened. That is the one and only problem with conference championship games.

Ok, so does the Mich. State hail Mary win against Wisconsin beat out the BC hail Mary win against Miami? I’m thinking it’s pretty close.

Probably not.

That Miami BC matchup was billed as a premium quarterback duel and hyped up like crazy. Not saying this wasnt a big game, but not on the same level of hype. Kirk Cousins isnt going down in college football lore anytime soon.

Heisman winner Doug Flutie vs. defending National Champion QB Bernie Kosar.

Other crazy Hail Mary’s have happened in the past (Kordell Stewart to Michael Westbrook Colo/Mich, Marcus Randall to Devery Henderson LSU/Kentucky, etc.) and they have never been put on this same level.

Unless something like that happens in a title game, its untouchable I think.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 08:20 Sun 10/23/2011

So, what happened this weekend?

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 08:47 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Holy shit, what a finish to the Wisc-MSU game. Does Oklahoma State jump BSU in the polls now? Great finish to another great weekend of football.

I think so.

Big Game Bob shits the bed just like normal.. Against a team that shouldn’t even challenge him.

And I don’t think they’ll go undefeated, but KSU quietly picks up another win.

All the teams I don’t like lost and my own team rolled (though the D struggled early against a very mobile QB getting his first start - something we’ve been known to have problems with).. What a great day of football!

Could be a tough week for both MSU and Wisco as they both have hard games (@Nebby, @OSU) the week after such an emotional night game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see both lose with such parity in the B1G this year.

Really looking forward to the LSU-Bama game in 2 weeks, I think by default, it is going to be the play-in game for the BCS Championship.

We have two easy games with Kentucky and UT-Martin leading up to the slaughter by Alabama.

+1 with one change. This game will determine who gets to whipthatass in the bcs championship game.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:08 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

#Zooked

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 09:11 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

The U is back.

Chokelahoma.

Hail Sparty!

Probably the 3 biggest storylines of the weekend.

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 10:07 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
Notre Dame currently beating themselves again.

Utterly fucking pathetic!

Inexcusable after an off week to prepare and with the crowd actually showing some emotion for once. What, did they think nice new shiny helmets was all that was needed to win the game?

I hope Stanford beats the crap out of them.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 14:09 Sun 10/23/2011

For daknole:

Miami NFL TD streak to 146.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 19:05 Sun 10/23/2011

Back finally from Miami. Only got to watch the Bama game this weekend since I DVR’d it. I was REALLY hoping Choklehoma wouldn’t blow it like that....should Bama be fortunate enough to get to the BCSNC I was really hoping it would be against them since I have so many OU fan friends I wanted to talk smack with for a month.

Cheeseman is right. Sorry Guyute Pig but Kiel was looking hard at Bama before and if he decommitted Saban will get him.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 07:53 Mon 10/24/2011

Originally posted by jzzbassman
Back finally from Miami. Only got to watch the Bama game this weekend since I DVR’d it. I was REALLY hoping Choklehoma wouldn’t blow it like that....should Bama be fortunate enough to get to the BCSNC I was really hoping it would be against them since I have so many OU fan friends I wanted to talk smack with for a month.

Cheeseman is right. Sorry Guyute Pig but Kiel was looking hard at Bama before and if he decommitted Saban will get him.

I’d be surprised if Gunner doesn’t land in T-Town, team to beat.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:18 Tue 10/25/2011

Originally posted by BBB63
Originally posted by mgumby10
Notre Dame currently beating themselves again.

Utterly fucking pathetic!

Inexcusable after an off week to prepare and with the crowd actually showing some emotion for once. What, did they think nice new shiny helmets was all that was needed to win the game?

I hope Stanford beats the crap out of them.

Same with WVU. Two weeks to prepare for Syracuse and it was like we didn’t even show up... especially on defense. We were their bitches and it makes me sick.