College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227644 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 23:38 Sat 9/17/2011

You would think BC actually wins a game next weekend at home against MASS, no?

OrlGamecock
05:32 Sun 9/18/2011

All I have to say is Marcus is a man

534 rushing yards 66 receiving yards and 7 total TDs after 3 games...

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:16 Sun 9/18/2011

ACC making a move.

Eric, this is the beginning of the end for the Big East as a BCS conference. Where does WVU land? And don’t you know TCU is shitting bricks right about now.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:56 Sun 9/18/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
ACC making a move.

Eric, this is the beginning of the end for the Big East as a BCS conference. Where does WVU land? And don’t you know TCU is shitting bricks right about now.

Did I hear that WVU is up in arms about Pitt.. despite the fact they were heavily invested in getting that SEC invite to be the 14th team?

Big East is gonna get raided, yo.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:06 Sun 9/18/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
ACC making a move.

Did I hear that WVU is up in arms about Pitt.. despite the fact they were heavily invested in getting that SEC invite to be the 14th team?

Big East is gonna get raided, yo.

Big East already got raided back in the early part of the new millennium. Doesn’t matter to me where we land. I was happy as an independent in football. Our program has always operated in the black. However, we won’t be left out in the cold... if we are, we’ll just dominate some non-BCS conference. I honestly don’t care and even if I did, there’s nothing I can do about it. I’m not a whiner. I’m a WVU fan and like to keep up with Nebraska and Arkansas. Not a Big East, Big 10 or SEC fan. Last time I’m gonna post that.

I like football, not politics... that’s why I left Capitol Hill back in early 1994... and I was good at my job.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:14 Sun 9/18/2011

Originally posted by jzzbassman
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by jzzbassman
I hoped they would win (sorry Cheese) because it fucking KILLS the business we do with florists in Oxford on home weekends who sell a shitload of flowers for tailgates when the Rebs aren’t competitive because people don’t get up as much.

No offense intended as I have a green thumb myself, but WHAT THE FUCK DO FLOWERS HAVE TO DO WITH TAILGATING?

There is no crying in baseball and THERE ARE NO FLOWERS IN TAILGATING!

What is wrong with people in Oxford?

Don’t knock it til you’ve seen it.

I run a flower wholesaler, thus the relevance.

People on the Grove try to out-do each other in their tailgating awesomeness, and it is quite a display. We’re talking fresh flower arrangements, fine china, butlers, and the most beautiful women you have ever seen dressed to the nines.

On an average football home game weekend, I will sell one account in Oxford over 500 stems of blue hydrangeas, tons of red gerbera daisy, roses, etc.

I know what you do for a living and respect it. I love blue, fuscia and purple hydrangeas (aluminum sulfate rocks), but I still say there is no place in tailgating for flowers. - Laughing with you, not at you.

Oh, and this DOES explain why my wife’s friend from Oxford is such a priss... even at thirty-nine-years-old.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 07:19 Sun 9/18/2011

Ehhh...Pitt is ok but Syracuse has been terrible for years. I wish WVU would join the ACC they’d be a good fit in my opinion. I’d love to start back up that old one-sided rivalry with the fighting Davey Crockett’s again.

Basketball is gonna be insane adding two more traditional powers though.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:43 Sun 9/18/2011

Old my O’Leary proves, once again, that he is still capable of shitting a giant turd all over a huge crowd of supporters.

ONE-DEFEATED!!

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:44 Sun 9/18/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
I bled orange and green for 18 years, went to a ton of games, my family grew up big Canes fans, but since it was private and my family couldnt afford to send me there, I have to suddenly forget about my roots and become a UCF fan because I went there to continue my education?

Yes.

Otherwise, you are what is commonly known as: "a douche".

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 07:53 Sun 9/18/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by mgumby10
I bled orange and green for 18 years, went to a ton of games, my family grew up big Canes fans, but since it was private and my family couldnt afford to send me there, I have to suddenly forget about my roots and become a UCF fan because I went there to continue my education?

Yes.

Otherwise, you are what is commonly known as: "a douche".

Surprised your back so early.

Giggle.