College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227730 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:21 Wed 9/21/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by TheAlum
Being ranked at the end of the season, after every game has been played, is certainly better than being ranked for two weeks during the season and then falling off into obscurity like Big Least teams.

No one is buying the UCF is better than the Big East argument. Probably not even you. UCF has never beaten a Big East school... ever. Stop shooting yourself in the foot unless that’s what floats your boat.

I can’t wait to tune in to ESPN College Game Day in Orlando this weekend. Oh, wait... nevermind.

The voters in the Coaches Poll, and a big group of sportswriters, bought into UCF being better than the Big East last year. I think their opinions matter a little more than a beer drinking couch burner and an Iowa fan who’s posts get automatically ignored when it comes to college football.

I hate to break it to you, but there is only one person in this thread that constantly gets ignored with all their "Look at me, guys!" bullshit.

I feel bad for Bryan..

This doesn’t bode well for UCF and their chances of getting invited anywhere... ever. And with such a huge student body and mass of Alums...

interesting read

Why not?

On their list, we are the #2 non-BCS team out there, second to BYU. We’re better than half of the Pac-12 and at least a couple from most of the other conferences, playing non-BCS competition.

Well, I was just thinking with an average enrollment of around 55,000 annually, there would be more than around 500,000 UCF fans by now.

Because the damn school was founded only in 1963, named UCF in 1978, and started playing Div 1 football in 1996. When I started, in 1996, our enrollment was only around 20K.
Given the history of a lot of schools who have smaller fanbases, or just larger than ours (cough, cough), I’d say we’re in pretty good shape. On top of that, our potential is much greater.

And yet, no conference seems to want UCF. Seems as if they are a day late and a dollar short. But don’t be so butt hurt, maybe next time you guys will beat FIU.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 19:24 Wed 9/21/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Being ranked at the end of the season, after every game has been played, is certainly better than being ranked for two weeks during the season and then falling off into obscurity like Big Least teams.

No one is buying the UCF is better than the Big East argument. Probably not even you. UCF has never beaten a Big East school... ever. Stop shooting yourself in the foot unless that’s what floats your boat.

I can’t wait to tune in to ESPN College Game Day in Orlando this weekend. Oh, wait... nevermind.

The voters in the Coaches Poll, and a big group of sportswriters, bought into UCF being better than the Big East last year. I think their opinions matter a little more than a beer drinking couch burner and an Iowa fan who’s posts get automatically ignored when it comes to college football.

I hate to break it to you, but there is only one person in this thread that constantly gets ignored with all their "Look at me, guys!" bullshit.

I feel bad for Bryan..

This doesn’t bode well for UCF and their chances of getting invited anywhere... ever. And with such a huge student body and mass of Alums...

interesting read

Why not?

On their list, we are the #2 non-BCS team out there, second to BYU. We’re better than half of the Pac-12 and at least a couple from most of the other conferences, playing non-BCS competition.

Actually third. But let’s be honest, do you really think given the choice people in the Central Florida market are going to choose to watch UCF over UF, FSU and/or Miami? You choose to ignore it, but the fact remains that UCF brings nothing to the table that would be of interest of a BCS conference. And let’s not discuss non-BCS competition, 10 of your 12 games are against non-BCS schools, plus, you had an FCS team as an opponent as well.

Third to whom?

According to the link, we’re just under Miss. St. using their scale, and we play non-bcs competition!

What do we bring to a BCS conference? Well, I guess we’d bring more fans than Miss. St. because we sure as hell wouldn’t remain stagnant if we started playing BCS competition.

My bad, I was counting Notre Dame, which i suppose is sort of a BCS school. But face it J, UCF brings no tv market share to the table, therefore they bring nothing. UCF is a distant also ran in Central Florida, sad isn’t it?

And do I need to remind you of UCF’s record vs.the BCS schools yet again?

Television ratings for our games are always very good, but I won’t let facts get in the way of your weak trash talk. We won’t talk any more about that extensive study, either, that determined our fanbase is only slightly smaller than MSU’s with you playing SEC competition versus us playing CUSA. We can sweep all that right under the rug.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 19:28 Wed 9/21/2011

I feel bad for Bryan..

interesting read

Why not?

Well, I was just thinking with an average enrollment of around 55,000 annually, there would be more than around 500,000 UCF fans by now.

Because the damn school was founded only in 1963, named UCF in 1978, and started playing Div 1 football in 1996. When I started, in 1996, our enrollment was only around 20K.
Given the history of a lot of schools who have smaller fanbases, or just larger than ours (cough, cough), I’d say we’re in pretty good shape. On top of that, our potential is much greater.

And yet, no conference seems to want UCF. Seems as if they are a day late and a dollar short. But don’t be so butt hurt, maybe next time you guys will beat FIU.

If it wasn’t for MSU’s long history of being the SEC’s doormat, I’m sure that league would much rather have us. Without that history, MSU and Vandy would be the first two asked to leave.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:32 Wed 9/21/2011

Television ratings for our games are always very good, but I won’t let facts get in the way of your weak trash talk. We won’t talk any more about that extensive study, either, that determined our fanbase is only slightly smaller than MSU’s with you playing SEC competition versus us playing CUSA. We can sweep all that right under the rug.

Bullshit. The facts are, MSU as a founding member of the SEC, is in a BCS conference and won’t be leaving, ever. Fact, we sell out our games, drawing more than fans to a home game than a UCF sell-out does. Fact, UCF does not draw a a significant tv market share in Central Florida, or are the networks just dumb J? I mean, when I have watched a game at a sports bar, nobody is clambering to watch UCF over the major Florida schools. Exactly what are claiming that study proves? That somehow UCF deserves to be in a BCS school? Don’t make us laugh at you more than we already are.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:33 Wed 9/21/2011

I feel bad for Bryan..

interesting read

Why not?

If it wasn’t for MSU’s long history of being the SEC’s doormat, I’m sure that league would much rather have us. Without that history, MSU and Vandy would be the first two asked to leave.

You’re funny when you are so butt hurt. You must lose sleep at night knowing UCF can’t beat MSU, facts are a bitch J. Where is that BCS invite for UCF?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:36 Wed 9/21/2011

Even J acknowledges that UCF is irrelevant....

Notre Dame is more irrelevant than UCF.

Oh yea, I said it.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 19:44 Wed 9/21/2011

Bullshit. The facts are, MSU as a founding member of the SEC, is in a BCS conference and won’t be leaving, ever. Fact, we sell out our games, drawing more than fans to a home game than a UCF sell-out does. Fact, UCF does not draw a a significant tv market share in Central Florida, or are the networks just dumb J? I mean, when I have watched a game at a sports bar, nobody is clambering to watch UCF over the major Florida schools. Exactly what are claiming that study proves? That somehow UCF deserves to be in a BCS school? Don’t make us laugh at you more than we already are.

All those years in the SEC, and only 1 championship.

News Flash: They only keep you around because they need an easy game during the season.

Face it, Dan. We are younger, have less alumni, have less money, have less history, don’t play in the SEC, don’t even play BCS competition... and we’re still just barely under you. That has to sting.

And why have you started using "butt hurt" so much since I first used if towards you after you lost to Auburn? Get your own material.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:49 Wed 9/21/2011

All those years in the SEC, and only 1 championship.

News Flash: They only keep you around because they need an easy game during the season.

Face it, Dan. We are younger, have less alumni, have less money, have less history, don’t play in the SEC, don’t even play BCS competition... and we’re still just barely under you. That has to sting.

And why have you started using "butt hurt" so much since I first used if towards you after you lost to Auburn? Get your own material.

Actually , doesn’t concern me at all, but just to clarify, you started a while back with admission standards and now you are hanging your hat on a study estimating fan bases? Desperate huh? And for butt hurt, just calling it like everyone sees it.

you are butt hurt.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 19:55 Wed 9/21/2011

All that history and absolutely nothing to show for it. MSU is awesome!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 20:00 Wed 9/21/2011

All that history and absolutely nothing to show for it. MSU is awesome!

Didn’t you admit UCF was irrelevant in this thread?