College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227876 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cajun
beers 609 º places 4 º 18:28 Sun 12/4/2011

I got two threads going. I’m not on meth like the rest of you. This old man has to slow down.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 18:39 Sun 12/4/2011

Originally posted by jzzbassman
Originally posted by TheAlum
"Anyone who doesn’t win their conference has no business playing in the national championship game." - Nick Saban (2003)

Are you really that dumb?

You know that quote was debunked like a week ago right? Or are you just really gullible.

It wasn’t actually debunked. Not being able to find it on the internet via search doesn’t mean it wasn’t said. It was apparently said on his call in show.

..I know the internet is a scary place, but even the dumb and misinformed can use it to their advantage.. Even SEC grads not from Vandy or Florida..

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 18:40 Sun 12/4/2011

"Anyone who doesn’t win their conference has no business playing in the national championship game." - Nick Saban (2003)

You know that quote was debunked like a week ago right? Or are you just really gullible.

It wasn’t actually debunked. Not being able to find it on the internet via search doesn’t mean it wasn’t said. It was apparently said on his call in show.

..I know the internet is a scary place, but even the dumb and misinformed can use it to their advantage.. Even SEC grads not from Vandy or Florida..

Whatever.

Saban is hated enough that if he really said it a clip would have surfaced.

Hate on Haters!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 18:52 Sun 12/4/2011

Holy shit man, you are really grasping at straws, If Saban made that statement, don’t you think it would have been plastered all over the place? I know you are trying to troll, but man, you need to up your game. On the upside, I can’t wait to watch Iowa get raped by OU.

BTW Adam, here is what Saban really said, not the meme you posted:

"I don’t think anyone will know who the legitimate national champion is unless all three teams in consideration get the opportunity to play one another," LSU coach Nick Saban said.

Linkage

They do have Google where you are don’t they?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 18:54 Sun 12/4/2011

Essentially, LSU just got punished. They had to play an EXTRA game AND have to beat Bama twice in a year.. Bama only has to go .500 against them.

I think the polls I’ve seen all day speak for themselves.. People wanted Ok State in the title game. Shame really..

Which people and which polls? USA Today has Bama #2, so does the AP, so does the Harris and so does the BCS. Big 10 jealousy is indeed an ugly thing. Don’t ya’ll have a scandal or two to worry about now?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 19:11 Sun 12/4/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan

Holy shit man, you are really grasping at straws, If Saban made that statement, don’t you think it would have been plastered all over the place? I know you are trying to troll, but man, you need to up your game. On the upside, I can’t wait to watch Iowa get raped by OU.

BTW Adam, here is what Saban really said, not the meme you posted:

"I don’t think anyone will know who the legitimate national champion is unless all three teams in consideration get the opportunity to play one another," LSU coach Nick Saban said.

Linkage

They do have Google where you are don’t they?

...Yeah, #12 Mizzou certainly showed us last year.

And Georgia Tech the year before..

...and that South Carolina team the year before..

I like our chances against a Broyles-less OU team. Landry Jones has been swimmingly bad since he went down for the year.

If you lose to Wake Forest, I’m sure a lot of people will make fun of you for a very long time..

Cheese.. I know you like to wax on and on about the SEC.. but until your team actually does something for the conference and has an individual identity.. all you are gonna be is the SEC Cheerleader of the thread.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 19:27 Sun 12/4/2011

Essentially, LSU just got punished. They had to play an EXTRA game AND have to beat Bama twice in a year.. Bama only has to go .500 against them.

I think the polls I’ve seen all day speak for themselves.. People wanted Ok State in the title game. Shame really..

Which people and which polls? USA Today has Bama #2, so does the AP, so does the Harris and so does the BCS. Big 10 jealousy is indeed an ugly thing. Don’t ya’ll have a scandal or two to worry about now?

Accomplish something in football.. like win a conference championship.. or a BCS Bowl.. then we’ll actually read what you type..

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:06 Sun 12/4/2011

Ok, so the wife and I aren’t going to Asheville next year so we can spend about five days in South Beach partying before and after the Orange Bowl... win or lose. Always a good time in South Beach and a short drive. WVU going to the Orange Bowl and the Honey Badger don’t care.

BTW: Stupid or not, isn’t it obvious that LSU players dying their hair yellow is not a cajun thing; it’s because LSU’s colors are yellow and purple? Like WVU (old gold) and Michigan (maize), LSU might not call it yellow, but it’s yellow nonetheless.

Big story with the Orange Bowl that may or may not be brought up is that Taj Boyd was committed to WVU and then Bill Stewart got sick of his meddling father and brought in a second 4-star QB in that class. That second QB was Geno Smith. Taj decommitted the next day. Interesting personal rivalry.

OrlGamecock
21:58 Sun 12/4/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Ok, so the wife and I aren’t going to Asheville next year so we can spend about five days in South Beach partying before and after the Orange Bowl... win or lose. Always a good time in South Beach and a short drive. WVU going to the Orange Bowl and the Honey Badger don’t care.

BTW: Stupid or not, isn’t it obvious that LSU players dying their hair yellow is not a cajun thing; it’s because LSU’s colors are yellow and purple? Like WVU (old gold) and Michigan (maize), LSU might not call it yellow, but it’s yellow nonetheless.

Big story with the Orange Bowl that may or may not be brought up is that Taj Boyd was committed to WVU and then Bill Stewart got sick of his meddling father and brought in a second 4-star QB in that class. That second QB was Geno Smith. Taj decommitted the next day. Interesting personal rivalry.

Clemson is horrible... You guys better destroy them.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 04:34 Mon 12/5/2011

Accomplish something in football.. like win a conference championship.. or a BCS Bowl.. then we’ll actually read what you type..

Why do you get butthurt when you are proven to be wrong with your bull shit, again?