2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63590 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 19:17 Sat 9/6/2014

I feel like we’ve seen this before...

Adam points out fault with UCF, JJ points out Iowa beat an FCS and a MAC team by a combined 12 points...at home.

Now somebody points out that Stanford couldn’t score more than 10 points even though they were inside the SC 30 on 8 different occasions today.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 19:24 Sat 9/6/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
I feel like we’ve seen this before...

Adam points out fault with UCF, JJ points out Iowa beat an FCS and a MAC team by a combined 12 points...at home.

Now somebody points out that Stanford couldn’t score more than 10 points even though they were inside the SC 30 on 8 different occasions today.

Not only did they not cover the spread they lost! Fuck I’m taking it in the shorts in pickems...I hate early season bye weeks.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 19:46 Sat 9/6/2014

Patrick and I told you turkeys to take USC...and I’m a Stanford fan.

A couple crappy losses for me in the pick ’em today. Firstly, I stupidly picked McNeese State against Nebraska not thinking that it was just a winner pick on that one and Western Kentucky leading all damn day and then losing by 8. And just a few bad picks (cough Michigan cough).

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 19:54 Sat 9/6/2014

Iowa is god awful. I know Miami ain’t great this year, but Iowa is pathetic.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 19:56 Sat 9/6/2014

Originally posted by mgumby10
Iowa is god awful. I know Miami ain’t great this year, but Iowa is pathetic.

Wait for it...Alum will be in here shortly with his 2-0 record bullshit.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 20:01 Sat 9/6/2014

Patrick and I told you turkeys to take USC...and I’m a Stanford fan.

A couple crappy losses for me in the pick ’em today. Firstly, I stupidly picked McNeese State against Nebraska not thinking that it was just a winner pick on that one and Western Kentucky leading all damn day and then losing by 8. And just a few bad picks (cough Michigan cough).

I went from the pent house last week to the outhouse this week. Lets see West Kentucky, Mich St (all the need was to stop 4th down cover by .5), Georgia St give up TD with 15 sec left, and of course Stanford blowing so many opportunities.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 20:08 Sat 9/6/2014

Yeah, I lost the GA State one as well. I forgot about that tough beat.

I feel like I did terrible this week, but I think it’s probably not quite as bad as I’m making it out to be.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 20:16 Sat 9/6/2014

Yeah, I lost the GA State one as well. I forgot about that tough beat.

I feel like I did terrible this week, but I think it’s probably not quite as bad as I’m making it out to be.

I’ve been pissed all day watching picks fall against me. However one week will get dropped and its only week 2. I feel that someone will have to average 20+ every week to win and place in the beer this year as we choose twice as many games as past years.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 20:19 Sat 9/6/2014

Well, this week was easy in a sense that half of the top 25 were playing cupcake FSC schools so you pretty much get an automatic win on those since you just have to say "yes, Baylor will beat Northwestern State"...unless you’re an idiot like me and accidentally pick McNeese State to win outright at Nebraska (though that one almost paid off).

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 20:27 Sat 9/6/2014

Well, this week was easy in a sense that half of the top 25 were playing cupcake FSC schools so you pretty much get an automatic win on those since you just have to say "yes, Baylor will beat Northwestern State"...unless you’re an idiot like me and accidentally pick McNeese State to win outright at Nebraska (though that one almost paid off).

I picked ND St straight up last week and was the only one to pay off on that.