2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63675 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 01:41 Wed 9/17/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
That’s why we play the games... 5 SEC West teams in top 10. We will find out how good everybody is.

And 8 SEC teams in the top 20. I’m sure that annoys fans of other conferences but they can rest assured that these teams will beat up on each other and a few will be gone in a month. In all likelihood SEC will put one team in the playoff.

My fear is that this committee will pick a runner-up over a champion based on "body of work." For example, UGa or SC or Mizzou survives the crucible of the East and barely knocks off Alabama for the SEC title. Then the committee picks Alabama anyway.

Ideal scenario has four major conference champions.

My current prediction:
1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Oregon
4. Baylor

Other predictions? We can revise them week to week. Add them up for the RB College Football Thread Weekly Poll.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 04:18 Wed 9/17/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
Bama pounds Florida... and I’ll be pulling for Florida.

... still pissed about those no calls in the Bama/WVU game...

I hear Randy Edsall is pissed about the no calls in the WVU/MD game.. so I guess it evens out.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 09:34 Wed 9/17/2014

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:52 Wed 9/17/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2014/09/17/jameis-winston-jimbo-fisher-vulgarity-obscenity-response/15768879/

What the fuck is wrong with this kid?

Obviously, he’s a buffoon.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 12:41 Wed 9/17/2014

First off, jzzbassman Ive forgotten more about cfb than you will probably ever hope to know, and your bama/SEC homerism is the same as every other jamoke I see on cfb forums around the net. Maybe you havent noticed Saban and Lame Kiffin arguing all game long and most offensive plays getting snappd with less than 5 secs on the play clock.

Second, the comment about everyone having an sec team was SARCASTIC. I simply enjoy seeing Les Miles speak non-English, mess up game management and still win.

Usually the Thursday night espn home dog is best money maker each season, but ksu is only 12-10 ats L22 as home dogs which is surprising for a Wizard Bill team. If it was a double digit line it would be a pretty easy play on ksu.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 19:54 Wed 9/17/2014

You mad bro?

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 20:21 Wed 9/17/2014

No I’m quite happy enjoying some fine Cali IPAs.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:43 Thu 9/18/2014

A guy in California who claims to know more about college football than a guy from Louisiana.

...and I thought an Iowa fan talking trash was the craziest thing I’d ever see on this thread.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:45 Thu 9/18/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
A guy in California who claims to know more about college football than a guy from Louisiana.

...and I thought an Iowa fan talking trash was the craziest thing I’d ever see on this thread.

We’ve got a rich history of chasing away ND fans in the group. We all unite in that cause.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 15:26 Thu 9/18/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

LOL that is truly laughable, its not like Cali produces the 2nd best college football talent in the country or anything...yeah we don’t know nuthin’ about no college football. You goofy southeastern honks provide some quality comedy.

I’ve been an ND fan for 33 years, I’ve heard it all and I ain’t goin anywhere. I run smack with anyone, and trust I’ve been around groups that are much better at it than y’all.