2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63677 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 07:17 Mon 1/26/2015

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
"... 30 a year like Eric claimed is just silly. If we pay u to come to auburn, u can stay for 4 and get your education.

Hey now. Eric didn’t "claim" anything. That’s the word on the street. Has been for a long time. Auburn’s past continues to haunt. You know Auburn’s rep regarding recruiting practices, deserved or not. Right?

Touché

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:06 Mon 1/26/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Yea...Kahlil Lewis isn’t a done deal yet. According to the other recruits at UCF this weekend, he committed. Our Rivals guy can’t get ahold of him to confirm, though. This would be pretty big, because his high school coach was hired as a coach at WV last year.

Anything can happen in recruiting, but we have an incredible opportunity for WRs (and DBs) this year. Combine that with some of the WR talent O’Leary has sent to the NFL (B. Marshall, Mike Sims-Walker, Kamar Aiken, and likely a couple draft picks this year) and we should be able to pull some of this talent.

We had a great recruiting weekend and everything is pointing up for next week as well. We are closing strong, and now have the best G5 recruiting class (avg stars) besides Boise... but we have more 3* than Boise and both have 1 4*... damnit, recruiting rankings are dumb.

Anyway, we’ve managed to pull out of the recruiting cellar in one week, to the top of the G5.

Yeah, Jj. UCF closing strong for sure. You and Brian were on suicide watch a month ago. lol

You’re right. Recruiting rankings ARE dumb, but fun.

It’s really all about a school’s coaching staff and the coach-ability of the athletes a program pulls. Miami is a perfect example of this. Every single team discussed on this board has been more successful than Miami over the past twelve years... and Miami is in what is probably the weakest of the Power Five conferences.

However, with the exception of Auburn and Alabama, none of us are pulling talent anywhere close to the level of Miami’s. Another example would be any team head-coached by Lane Kiffin.

We’re all doing much more with much less. Put Gus Malzahn or Bobby Petrino at the helm of the Miami program and it’s an entirely different story for the ’Canes. They probably have another national championship under their belt.

I’m starting to think WVU’s staff is in need of an overhaul. We’ll see for sure after this coming season, but regardless of the raised level of competition, moving from the Big East to the Big XII, we’re not playing fundamentally sound football. It’s irritating.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:08 Mon 1/26/2015

Eric with the slam.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:30 Mon 1/26/2015

Originally posted by TheAlum
Eric with the slam.

Yeah. Unfortunately, Gumby’s not around to see it. At this point, even as delusional as he can be, I bet he would agree.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:44 Mon 1/26/2015

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 17:46 Mon 1/26/2015

Originally posted by adnielsen
Who the fuck owes me beer?

Wrong thread, moran

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 18:54 Mon 1/26/2015

lol??

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12231943/ucf-knights-build-beach-club-football-stadium

Yea, Lol. We will have hot chicks in bikinis, front and center stage on ESPN, while Iowa has fat Midwesterners in sweatpants.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 18:59 Mon 1/26/2015

...or you had to create a gimmick to fill an already really small stadium because you were struggling

Faux Football Program.

Lol.. "Mini Grove"..

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:39 Tue 1/27/2015

...or you had to create a gimmick to fill an already really small stadium because you were struggling

Faux Football Program.

Lol.. "Mini Grove"..

No, they are creating another area of premium seating because the club section on the press box side has been sold out for years and there is still a ton of demand...and they are expanding that as well.

Everything about our program is better than Iowa, and we’ve been around less than 20 years in Div I.
But, you still have those fat chicks in sweatpants and guys sweating sausage from their pores.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:04 Tue 1/27/2015

You know, if you can afford it, those beach seats could be a really cool place to tailgate before and after the game. I’m a beach bum and sun junky, so the idea talks to me. I mean, heck, if you can’t fill the place up, screw it. Build a beach and they will come ... and you’ll make more money with 900 seats than you did with the 2000.

UCF currently has a better athletic program than Iowa? I’m not EVEN touching that. :-x