2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63600 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 20:59 Sat 9/6/2014

Big 10 gets absolutely hollowed out today. No lube, no spit, nothing.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 21:48 Sat 9/6/2014

Beamer probably lasts at least 30 years at VT now.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 21:49 Sat 9/6/2014

Jesus. For all of the expectations and success last year for UCLA, they look like hot garbage through 1.75 games this year. Hopefully they hold on against Memphis.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:10 Sun 9/7/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
I would like to recant my statement about Msu last week. No respect deserved...

They believed they could show up and just win, we looked rough as hell yesterday.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:27 Sun 9/7/2014

Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by mgumby10
Iowa is god awful. I know Miami ain’t great this year, but Iowa is pathetic.

Wait for it...Alum will be in here shortly with his 2-0 record bullshit.

Iowa’s D is pretty good.

Red Zone offense is terrible. Kicking is terrible. Execution is terrible.

2-0 is exactly the sort of bs JJ uses in this thread year in and year out despite playing terrible teams the majority of the season. I’m just using it right back at him. It’s meant to be facetious to everyone else.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 06:48 Sun 9/7/2014

Mizzou (UCF’s next opponent) looked decent on the road against what was supposed to be a pretty good MAC team in Toledo. Brief scouting report for you Knight fans:

I am not sold on Maty Mauk as QB but he will be fun to watch. He is high-risk, all or nothing. I suspect good SEC secondaries will devour him. He likes home run balls -- I mean, that’s basically his entire game, as far as I can see -- so he’s going to throw a lot of TDs and yards but also a lot of picks. I don’t know anything about UCF’s secondary, but if it’s good, they could give Mauk a very bad day. He tried a few screens but they didn’t really work out. He is not exactly cool in the pocket and likes to run and throw. Under good pressure he will make dumb throws.

So far there only two stars on this team: DE Markus Golden and ATH Marcus Murphy. Golden is a beast who will get his sacks, looks better and faster than Michael Sam (co-SEC defensive player of the year) did last year. The other DE Shane Ray is almost as good. D-line will be one of the best in the SEC. Murphy is the all-around playmaker who can rush, catch, run, return. Like Jeremy Maclin was for us. If he gets hurt our hopes probably go down the toilet.

Coach booted Dorial Green-Beckham for repeated issues but reports of the receiving corps’ demise are greatly exaggerated. Plenty of tall guys who can run and catch. Bud Sasser, Darius White, Murphy... they will be fine. If Mauk matures and gets more accurate, they will be more than fine.

Really wish I could be there in Columbia for the game! If any of you go and want tips let me know.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 21:18 Sun 9/7/2014

Notre Dame is for real fellas!

Brutal with the Bama game called early and the 1 pt. loss ATS....now I know why they went with Sims, Coker is garbage.

No words can describe what Texas is right now.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 21:36 Sun 9/7/2014

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian

Brutal with the Bama game called early and the 1 pt. loss ATS....now I know why they went with Sims, Coker is garbage.

Notre Dame is good, but Michigan is not. I don’t know that I’d get too excited just yet.

And yeah, Texas is horrible. Maybe UCLA can finally look good next week.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 04:15 Mon 9/8/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian

Notre Dame is good, but Michigan is not. I don’t know that I’d get too excited just yet.

This.

They also haven’t gotten to meat of their schedule yet.. and only 4 true Away games does not a statement make.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:58 Mon 9/8/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by mgumby10
Iowa is god awful. I know Miami ain’t great this year, but Iowa is pathetic.

Wait for it...Alum will be in here shortly with his 2-0 record bullshit.

Iowa’s D is pretty good.

Red Zone offense is terrible. Kicking is terrible. Execution is terrible.

2-0 is exactly the sort of bs JJ uses in this thread year in and year out despite playing terrible teams the majority of the season. I’m just using it right back at him. It’s meant to be facetious to everyone else.

Nothing about Iowa is good.

...and these Tostitos still taste delicious. MMmmmmmm...