2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63630 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:31 Tue 12/9/2014

To be fair.. he’s got a really little one right?

Like less than a year?

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 16:36 Tue 12/9/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum

Like less than a year?

That’s when they’re easy.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 16:46 Tue 12/9/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

Like less than a year?

That’s when they’re easy.

I agree my 5 & 4 yr old are driving me crazy. Throw in my wife has been vacationing in Florida, while I have been watching them for a week doesn’t help. Bring on feedings, sleeping, and shitting any day....

In football related news ’Cuse got a huge commitment from the #1 long snapper recruit in the 2015 class. http://kohlskicking.com/recruiting/national-rating-system/snappers/2015

We’ll need it even more when our offense sucks worse next year! Shooting for #1 in punting.

Also our defense is so good that players are deciding to leave early instead of staying on the field 75% of the game. http://www.nunesmagician.com/2014/12/9/7362307/nfl-draft-2015-syracuses-durell-eskridge-to-skip-senior-season

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:30 Tue 12/9/2014

Originally posted by SHIG
Did I miss this being discussed here: http://miami.scout.com/story/1484528-is-um-most-underachieving-team-in-america#.VIdc37Ps5nk.facebook

I know Gumby is in hiding after that Pitt game, but lots of good points...Golden Age!

The only thing that’s surprising about that article is that it’s on Miami’s own Scout site. Right? I don’t do Scout. Didn’t look like Bleacher Report to me. That is their own site’s writer, right?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:35 Tue 12/9/2014

Like less than a year?

’bout 1 1/2 years-old by now.
If Miami had finished strong, he’d be chirpin’ up a storm.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 00:48 Wed 12/10/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
Did I miss this being discussed here: http://miami.scout.com/story/1484528-is-um-most-underachieving-team-in-america#.VIdc37Ps5nk.facebook

I know Gumby is in hiding after that Pitt game, but lots of good points...Golden Age!

The only thing that’s surprising about that article is that it’s on Miami’s own Scout site. Right? I don’t do Scout. Didn’t look like Bleacher Report to me. That is their own site’s writer, right?

Yes it’s from Miami scout, it was on my Facebook news feed thanks to Degarth. I don’t like scout until near signing day, for Syracuse at least they have round the clock updates on recruits starting in Jan. I’m done with rivals after my subscription runs out, we went two months during the seasonor with no updates. Rivals doesn’t even help out since its owned/rented by a slacking loser, plus our commits are never re-evaluated and usually get the standard rating. I’ll either stick to my favorite free blog or give 247 Sports a shot next season.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 02:47 Wed 12/10/2014

There aren’t any really good options for the B12. They’d be better served by trying to disband and get in the other 4 conferences.

I’d welcome any option that leads to Missouri and Kansas resuming the Border War. Kansas would be in odd fit in the SEC, but on the other hand so is Missouri. Or maybe they go to B1G and get over their petty whining about us leaving the Big 12.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:54 Wed 12/10/2014

Yes it’s from Miami scout, it was on my Facebook news feed thanks to Degarth. I don’t like scout until near signing day, for Syracuse at least they have round the clock updates on recruits starting in Jan. I’m done with rivals after my subscription runs out, we went two months during the seasonor with no updates. Rivals doesn’t even help out since its owned/rented by a slacking loser, plus our commits are never re-evaluated and usually get the standard rating. I’ll either stick to my favorite free blog or give 247 Sports a shot next season.

I really think 247 is the best in the game at this point.

I’ll visit Rivals ocassionally.. and very rarely scout (I dislike the Iowa Scout guy to boot).. it’s pretty much all 247 these days.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 09:32 Wed 12/10/2014

I’ll visit Rivals ocassionally.. and very rarely scout (I dislike the Iowa Scout guy to boot).. it’s pretty much all 247 these days.

Since the 90’s ’Cuse has lacked the glits and glamor as far as football recruiting, so its hard to get much detail. However Mike McAllister @ Scout seems to be the first to know. The rest of the articles over there are pipe dreams and that’s why I follow just him really.

Alum do you have a VIP account at 247? I’m trying to figure out if there detailed stories are worth the juice.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:33 Wed 12/10/2014

Since the 90’s ’Cuse has lacked the glits and glamor as far as football recruiting, so its hard to get much detail. However Mike McAllister @ Scout seems to be the first to know. The rest of the articles over there are pipe dreams and that’s why I follow just him really.

Alum do you have a VIP account at 247? I trying to figure out if there detailed stories is worth the juice.

Just like the other networks, it really comes down to WHO the guy that is the scout for your school is.

The Iowa guy just retired.. so the new guy has some catching up to do.. but he’s getting there as far as contacts, etc.