2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63666 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 18:21 Sun 10/5/2014

You Don’t Know though.

You just wish they weren’t much better.

You are wrong and it’s not even debateable.

Also it shows you don’t really know even more that you throw ND and Mich tailgates into your arguments. Widely known to not have very good tailgates.. again.. showing you don’t know what you are talking about.

Goons do that.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 04:34 Mon 10/6/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by CheesedMan
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
You don’t know what you’re talking about... again.

Calling UCF’s paltry tailgate a mini-Grove might be one of the funniest things I’ve ever read.

JJ.. the thread’s Goat. Always wrong.

Only goons like you two would actually think that I was saying they are equal. I said we have a "mini-grove." Meaning, we have an area where there are no cars, people have to walk to get there and set up, and there are tons of tents. Had our school administration not done everything in their power to try and neuter the atmosphere, it would be a Grove-like atmosphere.

With that said, I was originally comparing our tailgate to Big10 or Pac12 schools. I know Michigan, Ohio State, and ND (3 top midwestern schools) aren’t even close, and can pretty much guarantee no Pac12 schools come close.

You clearly don’t know or understand what The Grove is, thus proving Alum’s insight correct. You don’t have a mini-grove, or anything close. It’s irrelevant, just like your entire program.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:07 Mon 10/6/2014

The "mini-grove" lol

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:13 Mon 10/6/2014

LOL

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 14:00 Mon 10/6/2014

I’m in that picture! Center, left side...4 blue tents together.

1. That is about a third of the entire area.
2. That was taken in 2007 or 2008 I presume. I haven’t had 4 blue tents in years.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 22:43 Mon 10/6/2014

This is the saddest post to justify small ball over big tailgates ever, dude

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 01:18 Tue 10/7/2014

I have to speak up for this "mini-grove." Walked that gauntlet two years ago with Mizzou shirts on, impressed by the levels of harassment, imbibery, attractive young women, and grilled meat smells.

Sadly the stadium itself seemed half-empty.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:27 Tue 10/7/2014

Originally posted by JoeinDahlem
I have to speak up for this "mini-grove." Walked that gauntlet two years ago with Mizzou shirts on, impressed by the levels of harassment, imbibery, attractive young women, and grilled meat smells.

Sadly the stadium itself seemed half-empty.

Still can’t figure out how to get everyone in the stadium for kickoff. Been that way for years...

I know The Grove is much better. It is likely the best in all of college football. But our Alumni Mall is similar in the way that people have to bring all their stuff to set up without vehicles. Just a big open field with some (young) trees.
Our administration is just stupid with the rules. They mark out spaces for tents, because they don’t want people putting too many tents together. They won’t let you put your tent up until Noon for a night game. No loud music. Etc... If they let people set up the night before and get in early, it would be better.

These guys can talk shit about UCF if they want, but our students know how to tailgate.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:20 Thu 10/9/2014

I think I will have a mini-mini-mini-grove in my backyard Saturday. Or at least, I will cook out and drink. Early time for Georgia-Mizzou means a 6pm start time here.

The SEC East may be struggling for relevance just now but for us it doesn’t get any bigger. Dawgs are 3-point favorites last time I checked, which speaks to the power of Mr. Gurley, man among boys. Our D is pretty good at containing QBs, not so good at powerful RBs (see: 2013 SEC Championship game). My head says we will lose by more than 3.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 18:57 Thu 10/9/2014

Didn’t BYU’s QB brake his leg last week?