2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63676 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:42 Tue 9/30/2014

Iowa sits at 4-1, but lost to Iowa State. That’s gotta hurt a little. State rivalry and all that. Well Iowa State got the Cy-Hawk Trophy back. So that’s nice for them. Iowa should be competitive in a pretty weak Big Ten this year. Lose some. Win some. Small bowl game.

Kirk Ferentz’s 16th season?

Corn.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:27 Tue 9/30/2014

UCF - Last year was big. This year so far? meh, but they’re not afraid to play the big boys. At least they don’t have Louisville to deal with this year, or in the future. But two byes already? That’s gonna be a looong 9-games-in-a-row back stretch. We shall see...

Side note - How sucky would it be to be a Louisville fan? A school where the basketball and football head coaches’ last names are so similar that you’d get them all mixed up after like two beers (Petrino & Pitino)? Heck, even totally sober, go ahead and try saying "Petrino-Pitino-Petrino-Pitino-Petrino-Pitino..." ten times real fast. Can’t do it without stuttering or getting a little dizzy. Can-Not-Do-It

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 19:46 Tue 9/30/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
UCF - Last year was big. This year so far? meh, but they’re not afraid to play the big boys. At least they don’t have Louisville to deal with this year, or in the future. But two byes already? That’s gonna be a looong 9-games-in-a-row back stretch. We shall see...

Side note - How sucky would it be to go to be a Louisville fan? A school where the basketball and football head coaches’ last names are so similar that you’d get them all mixed up after like two beers (Petrino & Pitino)? Heck, even totally sober, go ahead and try saying "Petrino-Pitino-Petrino-Pitino-Petrino-Pitino..." ten times real fast. Can’t do it without stuttering or getting a little dizzy. Can-Not-Do-It

Good call on the ’Ville, especially with their suddenly stagnant offense.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 02:52 Wed 10/1/2014

Iowa sits at 4-1, but lost to Iowa State. That’s gotta hurt a little. State rivalry and all that. Well Iowa State got the Cy-Hawk Trophy back. So that’s nice for them. Iowa should be competitive in a pretty weak Big Ten this year. Lose some. Win some. Small bowl game.

Kirk Ferentz’s 16th season?

Corn.

Watch out for Indiana.

Played like daemons against Mizzou then went and lost to Maryland. Dicks.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:41 Wed 10/1/2014

South Carolina... so far, another sound season under the Ol’ Ball Coach, but with two SEC losses already, probably not gonna be in the SEC championship game. Gonna suck when Spurrier retires, but Carolina doesn’t have issues with paying big-time bucks on a big-name head coach... Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, etc. It will mostly suck because I like Steve Spurrier. Always have. So, let’s live for today. Go Gamecocks!

... but that loud, rooster-crowing track your stadium blares when your opponent’s offense is running a 3rd down play? That’s just retarded. During the Missouri game, even my wife was like "WTF?" It’s silly and embarrassing. Stop doing that. Thanks.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 15:19 Wed 10/1/2014

South Carolina... so far, another sound season under the Ol’ Ball Coach, but with two SEC losses already, probably not gonna be in the SEC championship game. Gonna suck when Spurrier retires, but Carolina doesn’t have issues with paying big-time bucks on a big-name head coach... Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, etc. It will mostly suck because I like Steve Spurrier. Always have. So, let’s live for today. Go Gamecocks!

... but that loud, rooster-crowing track your stadium blares when your opponent’s offense is running a 3rd down play? That’s just retarded. During the Missouri game, even my wife was like "WTF?" It’s silly and embarrassing. Stop doing that. Thanks.

They can’t beat Auburn, so chalk up a third L. The rooster shit is a bit much.. I do love me some spur-dog post game pressers. Lol

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 15:23 Wed 10/1/2014

To be clear Gumbo, I will NEVER root for Alabama to win a game. I don’t allow my children to have anything elephant related in my house. LSU can eat a bag of dicks, too. Just like their true frosh qb will on Saturday night. Good luck in Jordan Hare kid.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:45 Thu 10/2/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
I don’t allow my children to have anything elephant related in my house.

Not even Mr. Snuffleupagus (Snuffy)? That’s cold, man. Stone cold...

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:51 Thu 10/2/2014

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
"... you’re kidding about the Oregon game right? AZ isn’t gonna sniff Oregon’s shit this year, I can guarantee you that. The only thing Rich Rod is going to be dismantling is the QB depth chart."

Don’t know. The Wildcats are hanging kinda tough. Beat Oregon last year. They can do it again.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:52 Thu 10/2/2014

Miami is having a decent 3-2 season so far. Lost to a mediocre Louisville team that needs at least two more years of Petrino… or is it Pitino? Biggest tests to come, but the ACC is still "all about basketball," so the ’Canes should win their seven, eight or nine games. Get invited to a December bowl game in a climate colder than their own. Lose it. What can you do?