2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63634 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 19:46 Fri 11/21/2014

One already passed last night, so all we have left is Marshall -20.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:10 Sat 11/22/2014

Originally posted by Homer321
Yeah, cuz Rich Rod broke Michigan’s bowl streak, and Muschamp screwed Florida’s consecutive winning season streak.

And when a coach has such an impact that players are willing to transfer from Michigan to Ohio State, well, you know he has to be a great coach then.

And let’s not forget the rules violations that began when Rich Rod got there.

If Foley and the new President are willing to hire Rodriguez, they should all be fired.

C’mon, at least Muschamp was able to bean FSU one year. RR never beat Ohio State.

... and let’s not forget Rich Rod’s predecessor, Lloyd Carr, who lost to a Div. 1-FCS team in the Big House to start-off the 2007 season with a BANG. He followed that up the next week with a 39-7 loss to Oregon in the Big House... and that’s before Oregon was OREGON.

Michigan losing to a Div.1-FCS team for the first time in 1,169 games is far more notorious than their 33 season bowl streak. Those stoners were the players Rich Rod inherited from Lloyd Carr and he was only given three years to right the ship. No RR recruits were even seniors yet when he was fired.

Rich Rod never beat OSU during his three seasons at Michigan? RR was 0-3 against OSU? Wow! Did you just point that out with a straight face? Sober? Michigan is 3-11 against OSU over the past fourteen seasons. I could have easily played with the stats and made that 2-11 over the past thirteen. Oh, wait... I just did. Lloyd Carr lost to OSU three times in-a-row. After next Saturday, Brady Hoke will have lost three times-in-a-row to OSU.

Now Brady Hoke has the reins. He had a couple good years with RR’s recruits, and then gone on to recruit underachieving players and hire a shitty coaching staff. He has proven that any coach can easily lose at Michigan... even during a big-time mediocre era for its Big Ten opponents. Gotta beat Maryland today just to go 6-6 and become bowl-eligible. My in-laws are all from Ann Arbor. We’ve had this debate. They lost.

Meanwhile, Rich Rod has gone on to win big at Arizona (historically, a terrible program) in only two seasons. Also they’re the only team to beat Oregon this season... as I sorta predicted in this thread. I don’t gamble, so "sorta" is as good as you’re gonna get from me.

If UF knows what’s good for them, Rich Rod to Florida.

Next week, ask me why I think Bo Schembechler was an intimidating underachiever that an entire brainwashed and brain-frozen fanbase continues to worship.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 14:46 Sat 11/22/2014

FSU not being #1 before this weekend (don’t know what happens today) is a joke.
Jimbo Fisher needs to get on ESPN and say, "can any of the Championship voters tell me the last time I lost a game?"

Both Oregon and Alabama have lost 3 times since the last time FSU lost. I’m no FSU homer, but they are #1 until they get beaten.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 14:52 Sat 11/22/2014

If Rich Rod has figured anything out after his last few coaching years, it should be to stay put in Arizona. Any success in Arizona, and he is king. Stay, and be the king, RichRod. Don’t run off and deal with a shitstorm in Gainesville.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 15:46 Sat 11/22/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Jimbo Fisher needs to get on ESPN and say, "can any of the Championship voters tell me the last time I lost a game?"

Both Oregon and Alabama have lost 3 times since the last time FSU lost. I’m no FSU homer, but they are #1 until they get beaten.

Stop. Last season means nothing. If you have watched most of the games this year, FSU is clearly not the best. Bama or Oregon would pound them on a neutral field next week.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:10 Sat 11/22/2014

Worst. Power 5. Conference. Brah.

If they go undefeated, they won’t get left out.

But they might be #4

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:05 Sun 11/23/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
"... Now Brady Hoke has the reins... He has proven that any coach can easily lose at Michigan... even during a big-time mediocre era for its Big Ten opponents. Gotta beat Maryland today just to go 6-6 and become bowl-eligible.

Maryland 23
Michigan 16 (no bowl)

"... Meanwhile, Rich Rod has gone on to win big at Arizona (historically, a terrible program) in only two seasons. Also they’re the only team to beat Oregon this season... as I sorta predicted in this thread. I don’t gamble, so "sorta" is as good as you’re gonna get from me."

(15) Arizona 42
(17) Utah 10

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 11:32 Sun 11/23/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

Stop. Last season means nothing. If you have watched most of the games this year, FSU is clearly not the best. Bama or Oregon would pound them on a neutral field next week.

Nonsense. Last season means nothing, unless you’re the undefeated National Champion. I’d say the same thing about Auburn if they would have won last year and been undefeated this year. But, they didn’t.

If Bama or Oregon deserved to be #1, they wouldn’t have lost to a lesser opponent. FSU doesn’t seem to lose to their lesser opponents.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:50 Sun 11/23/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

Nonsense. Last season means nothing, unless you’re the undefeated National Champion. I’d say the same thing about Auburn if they would have won last year and been undefeated this year. But, they didn’t.

If Bama or Oregon deserved to be #1, they wouldn’t have lost to a lesser opponent. FSU doesn’t seem to lose to their lesser opponents.

You do understand the concept of seniors graduating and kids going to the NFL, no? This is why pre-season rankings suck. FSU’s defense is nothing like it was last year. Benjamin and Shaw were huge at WR. WTF does Bama and Oregon losing last year have to do with this season?

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 19:17 Wed 11/26/2014

Meanwhile, Rich Rod has gone on to win big at Arizona (historically, a terrible program) in only two seasons. but, but, I want to claim the credit now, even if they aren’t RR recruits. You remember that’s why he sucked at Michigan, but that’s why he is truly killing it at AZ Also they’re the only team to beat Oregon this season...

Can we get the Brokensail over/under on how long until RR is busted for rules violations (again)?
Eric, your man crush love for RR is worse than any self-respecting Gator fan’s man crush on Tebow. Except Timmy has that national championship ring. And for Frank’s sake, are you really going to blame RR’s losses on the class he inherited and then claim he is the reason for AZ success with another coach’s recruits?