2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63636 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:05 Sun 12/7/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by hopscotch
About what I expected. Hoping Oregon destroys OSU, but I’m really not so sure anymore. I thought Wisconsin would.

It’s FSU/ORE and BAMA/OSU tho

Yes. Correct. I had gone back and fixed that, but you beat me to it. I pretty much don’t care who plays OSU, I’m hoping for an embarrassment.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:07 Sun 12/7/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Best thing UCF could ask for, Big 12 gets shut out. Time to add Cincy and UCF and get that Championship Game.

Cincy, BYU.. Also heard Memphis in talks.

No soup for UCF. Also feel like UCF/USF end up attached.. where one goes, the other goes

I’d rather the Big XXII not expand, not water things down and not split the conference money up two additional ways, but that’s me.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:13 Sun 12/7/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
#B1G

I don’t even know what this means. I clicked on it and was linked to mediocrity.

Remember when your team joined a real conference and I told you that the days of skating in as the Big East rep was over because your team can’t compete week in and week out with the Power 5??

How is that going??

That B12 Mess.

I’m digging it. We’re very competitive. Winning record in the Big XXII this year. Lost to Top Tens Alabama, TCU and Kansas State by a combined 15 points. Finally have some depth. A shit-ton of money. New facilities and a head coach with a salary that doesn’t suck our program’s dick dry and then go lose to our sucky in-state rival every other year with no fear of being fired. How is being a sucky Iowa team with a sucky coach in a has-been sucky conference working out for you?

Big XXII mess? The conference almost ended up with two teams in a four team playoff. Each team in the conference is awarded more money from its conference each year than any team in any other conference. I truly don’t give the tiniest of shits who’s in the playoff. If it’s not WVU, all four teams in the playoff can suck a dick. If WVU makes the playoff, then the other three teams can suck a dick. Am I being crystal clear here? I hope so, because I’m growing tired of answering the same asinine question from you every seven months.

If somehow you’re looking for me to say "Oh my God. This sucks. I wish we were still in the Big East pulling $9 million from the conference each year... oh wait, there is no more Big East" you’re going to be disappointed every time.

Please let me know if I’ve left any portion of the same question you throw my way every seven months unaddressed, because I really do want to answer it fully and finally get you out of my hair.

Also, way to go out on a limb, Nostradamus. Predicting a Big XXII schedule would be tougher to negotiate than a post-Miami/Va. Tech/Boston College Big East schedule? Impressive. Who could have possibly known?

Love ya. -Eric :-)

P.S. Enjoy that new asshole. lol

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:46 Sun 12/7/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
"... and much better than many P5 schools..."

Then beat one...

Yeah, I know. You beat Baylor in the Orange Bowl. You got me there. Big win for the program. Now go beat another. Until then, that victory will be considered a fluke.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 13:57 Sun 12/7/2014

Who pulled Eric’s string?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:00 Sun 12/7/2014

Iowa v. Stanford in Frisco?

I’ll take that anyday

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:01 Sun 12/7/2014

Originally posted by SHIG
Who pulled Eric’s string?

Oh, just Adam. He likes to yank on it every now and again. I really do like him, but every now and then someone needs to rip him a new one. Today, I volunteered.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:04 Sun 12/7/2014

Plenty of people can talk crap about me and Iowa.

Eric can’t though.. no real ability to talk it. Walls of texts no one reads. Far too reactionary and but hurt easily. Time and again proven that WVU can’t compete in the Power 5. Good game, good effort as usual Eric.. no one reads what you type.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 14:11 Sun 12/7/2014

I’ll take that anyday

Foster Farms Bowl. Woohoo.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:12 Sun 12/7/2014

I’ll take that anyday

I’d take it too.

I’m hoping for any bowl game in Florida. We can’t afford to travel again this year. We tied Texas and Oklahoma in the Big XII standings, and we have the smallest fanbase of the three, so we’ll get scraps... but PLEASE BE IN FLORIDA... or MEMPHIS. I have about 25 aunts, uncles and cousins within an hour of Memphis and I LOVE the ribs at The Rendezvous... right across the street from The Peabody.