2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63667 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:43 Mon 9/15/2014

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 19:58 Mon 9/15/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
http://deadspin.com/miami-qb-kevin-olsen-arrested-for-dui-possession-of-st-1634953562

Who cares? Our 4th string QB who sucks. See ya

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 20:31 Mon 9/15/2014

http://deadspin.com/miami-qb-kevin-olsen-arrested-for-dui-possession-of-st-1634953562

The bro had a BAC of .04 and he was faded??? HOW WEAK, fellow and past ’Canes would be disappointed.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 21:15 Mon 9/15/2014

Probably doesn’t even lift.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 05:50 Tue 9/16/2014

Originally posted by mgumby10
Do you wanna call yourself a muppet, or just have me do it?

I come back. I talk about it.

I’m not a pussy like JJ who only comes back for pot shots (despite his own record).. who never acknowledges his loss.. who is the only person that talks large before a game..

There is only 1 person in this thread (aside from ND and PSU fans) that deserves constant scorn..

I’ll come back all day. Even at 0-2 we’re better than Iowa, and more relevant, and in a better conference.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:58 Tue 9/16/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

I’m not a pussy like JJ who only comes back for pot shots (despite his own record).. who never acknowledges his loss.. who is the only person that talks large before a game..

There is only 1 person in this thread (aside from ND and PSU fans) that deserves constant scorn..

I’ll come back all day. Even at 0-2 we’re better than Iowa, and more relevant, and in a better conference.

You didn’t come back though. That’s the point. It’s 3 days later.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 10:58 Tue 9/16/2014

I’m back now!

Iowa State!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:29 Tue 9/16/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

Currently, the AAC is 0-2 against the B1G. Now certainly, that isn’t a proper sample size.

Though it does make me anxious to see the rest of the matchups this season and their results now. Afterall, it’s a pretty bold statement to make given the fact your own team lost to a middling B1G team. And should the results I expect to occur happen, I don’t think I’ll feel the need to tell you which conference actually is better. Because it’s such a sad assertion to begin with.

And I won’t even touch the relevance assertion. For years, you’ve pined to be relevant to the point of shouting "Pay attention to me!" in this thread and elsewhere and it’s clear it hasn’t changed anything anywhere.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 14:07 Tue 9/16/2014

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
Originally posted by Homer321
Sheesh. Triple OT vs UK?!?! Glad i’m not going to Tuscaloosa.

Bama’s offense is a freaking mess, they ain’t scaring anyone this year in conference.

Really? I guess imma have to truck over you much like Eddie Lacy trucked over your vaunted Domer defense a few years ago

Bama’s offense is a mess? http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

7th in the nation in YPG. Where art your Domers and UCLA on this list?

QB Sims has been way better than advertised, enough that he beat out media darling Coker who has NFL arm talent but hasn’t caught on to Kiffen’s offense yet. And Bama hasn’t even really done much of their strength with the RB’s yet trying to get the QB’s in the flow.

Florida’s secondary should be a good test this week. Amari Cooper has been unreal, we shall see if he can keep it up against one of the best corners in the country.

Now if you had come with the fact our secondary still has questions, I would give that to you, but calling this offense a mess tells me you don’t know what you are talking about.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 15:00 Tue 9/16/2014

Originally posted by jzzbassman
Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
Originally posted by Homer321
Sheesh. Triple OT vs UK?!?! Glad i’m not going to Tuscaloosa.

Bama’s offense is a freaking mess, they ain’t scaring anyone this year in conference.

Really? I guess imma have to truck over you much like Eddie Lacy trucked over your vaunted Domer defense a few years ago

Bama’s offense is a mess? http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

7th in the nation in YPG. Where art your Domers and UCLA on this list?

QB Sims has been way better than advertised, enough that he beat out media darling Coker who has NFL arm talent but hasn’t caught on to Kiffen’s offense yet. And Bama hasn’t even really done much of their strength with the RB’s yet trying to get the QB’s in the flow.

Florida’s secondary should be a good test this week. Amari Cooper has been unreal, we shall see if he can keep it up against one of the best corners in the country.

Now if you had come with the fact our secondary still has questions, I would give that to you, but calling this offense a mess tells me you don’t know what you are talking about.

I don’t think I agree with Patrick’s statement about Alabama’s offense being a mess. But any statistics that you have for Alabama at this point are going to be skewed in their favor after playing Florida Atlantic and Southern Miss the last two weeks. And their one good win is against West Virginia, who isn’t exactly a defensive powerhouse (giving up almost 400 yards/game, even with playing Towson).