2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63627 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 12:23 Sun 11/30/2014

In other news, I really shit the bed in pickems and next week I could fall out of the beer!

’Cuse projected to be watching bowl games with there fans on the couch. FML

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:46 Sun 11/30/2014

Nebraska only has history that the kids they are recruiting were not even alive for. They produce less Div1 talent than the states of Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas.. the list goes on. Furthermore.. it’s more in the middle of nowhere than a ton of other comparable schools. This is Nebraska. It’s ballsy move.. but I think everyone but Nebraska fans are left wondering what they realistically expect.. Money is money. But everyone in the B1G has it. Shit Iowa is 11th in revenue in the nation.. it clearly only goes so far..

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 14:27 Sun 11/30/2014

Originally posted by CheesedMan
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
A great season? Just think, for the next 25 years, MSU fans can talk about the time they ALMOST won something of relevance!

Penn State and UCONN I know, being ranked #1 for 5 weeks, being relevant most of the year. Where has UCF been this year? Oh yeah, getting beat by shitty teams, again.

You’ll be just like USF fans, telling us how they were once ranked #2...and they still have an empty trophy case.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 16:31 Sun 11/30/2014

Muschamp to Auburn rumors. I would fap to that.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 17:20 Sun 11/30/2014

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:52 Sun 11/30/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Also.. obligatory pic

I RESPECT this gesture. I’ve done it myself. Different teams, but same gesture of sadness, duty and respect... and honestly, it’s kinda cathartic. Takes away some of the sting for me. Closure.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:55 Sun 11/30/2014

Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by adnielsen
Yeah, I Bolieve but people are sick of him losing all the big games and not capturing a conference title. Foppa wanted him canned

Bring back Tom Osborne chants can be heard around Nebby today.

They can be heard inside my house.

Still, who are they going to get that’s available and better than Pelini?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 21:02 Sun 11/30/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
It’s hard to convince the top flight kids to go to Lincoln, NE instead of schools in places like Oregon, Alabama, Florida, California, Georgia, Texas, etc.

I assume you are referring to Oregon because of the thirteen cool, new, cutting edge uniforms worn each season and not because it’s the fucking state of OREGON. Unless you’re into craft beer, dreariness, rain or and/or excellent facilities (that many schools now have), there’s no reason for a kid to want to go Oregon to play ball... or for pretty much any other reason than those I’ve listed. ;-)

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 00:46 Mon 12/1/2014

Yes, I’m referring to the University of Oregon. The uniforms are definitely a big part of their appeal. While Eugene is not an inherently exciting place, Oregon’s style of play and the overall nature of the conference are exciting to kids. Not to mention Oregon has been part of the national championship discussion on a routine basis over the last several years, including playing for one.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:16 Mon 12/1/2014

Firing Pelini is dumb but all Nebraska fans believe that seasons like ’94-’97 are their birthright, oblivious to the further Solichian damage that firing a 9-3 coach does to their program.