2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63681 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:41 Sun 10/12/2014

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 14:12 Sun 10/12/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
I’m counting only six teams at the NCAA FBS level that play any defense at all.

Nice wins for Miami, WVU, Iowa, Stanford and LSU (I’m gonna stop mentioning LSU because Cajun is long gone, I think). Ugly win for Bama, but a win is a win. Monte, when is The Tide gonna fix that dumpster fire of a field goal unit? It’s been awful for years.

Fuck Georgia, but where’s our Mizzou guy? You got some ’splainin’ to do. Eee Gad.

Big CONGRATULATIONS to Cheese... unfortunately at the expense of Mike, but how can anyone not enjoy watching Mississippi State whooping up on the teams that have been mercilessly pounding them for over 70 years. I’m 45 now, but I remember being ten years-old and thinking "Damn, Mississippi State really sucks."

I LOVE IT.

I can’t wait to watch MSU choke.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 14:13 Sun 10/12/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/11/6962393/miami-hurricanes-football-attendance-cincinnati/in/6716792

Pretty common knowledge in FLorida. Miami only has fans when they are good, and those days are long over.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:08 Sun 10/12/2014

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/11/6962393/miami-hurricanes-football-attendance-cincinnati/in/6716792

That’s a WVU basketball crowd... or less. And our fanbase doesn’t care an awful lot about basketball.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:25 Mon 10/13/2014

Fuck Georgia, but where’s our Mizzou guy? You got some ’splainin’ to do. Eee Gad.

We were exposed as a fraud this season. End of story. And, Georgia is much better than expected. Definitely not a one-man-Gurley-show.

Meanwhile I am freed up to worry more about my Cardinals and DC United. Playoffs and shit.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 07:14 Mon 10/13/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I’m counting only six teams at the NCAA FBS level that play any defense at all.

Nice wins for Miami, WVU, Iowa, Stanford and LSU (I’m gonna stop mentioning LSU because Cajun is long gone, I think). Ugly win for Bama, but a win is a win. Monte, when is The Tide gonna fix that dumpster fire of a field goal unit? It’s been awful for years.

Big CONGRATULATIONS to Cheese... unfortunately at the expense of Mike, but how can anyone not enjoy watching Mississippi State whooping up on the teams that have been mercilessly pounding them for over 70 years. I’m 45 now, but I remember being ten years-old and thinking "Damn, Mississippi State really sucks."

I LOVE IT.

I can’t wait to watch MSU choke.

It’s cool, we already saw UCF choke like a $2 whore against Mizzou and Pedo State.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 07:20 Mon 10/13/2014

#1 in Coaches.. AP pending.. but I’m ringing that cowbell for you, Dan!

It’s cool as hell, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t stoked.

Tough close to the season, at UK in 2 weeks, at Bama and at OM. Arkansas is much improved as well, but very one dimensional. The Prescott for Heisman early on seemed a bit much, but he has looked the part so far. We’ll see how things pan out for the final 6 games, but it’s been a blast so far.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:21 Mon 10/13/2014

Originally posted by JoeinDahlem

We were exposed as a fraud this season. End of story. And, Georgia is much better than expected. Definitely not a one-man-Gurley-show.

Meanwhile I am freed up to worry more about my Cardiningals and DC United. Playoffs and shit.

The wife and I are DC United fans too. ... and also have plenty to worry about with our O’s being down 0-2 to KC. Be on the lookout for a United userpic. I made one years ago and then didn’t have a reason to use it... until now.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 08:38 Tue 10/14/2014

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:15 Tue 10/14/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/26/for-sale-crab-themed-catholics-vs-criminoles-t-shirts/

Who is gonna be rocking this on Saturday?

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to see ND get their shit pushed in..