2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63596 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 21:45 Mon 9/29/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Can’t we all just point and laugh at Michigan? They’re beating themselves up in Ann Arbor. Brady Hoke is a dead man walking...

Those Michigan Men are missing Rich Rodriguez right about now. He’s sitting pretty at 4-0 and getting ready to dismantle Oregon’s defense this Thursday. Fearless Prediction: Last team with the ball scores and wins.

WVU won the games they were supposed to win, and lost the games they were supposed to lose... but didn’t lose as badly as I expected to two Top 5 teams.

WVU could use a special teams coach that’s worth a busted dog nut and a head coach that doesn’t chug a pint of Red Bull and Stoli every time his offense faces 4th down from its own 45-yard line. "Punt" or "Go for it?" "Give me another pounder of Red Bull ’cause we’re going for it, bitches!"

Must’ve got him from Texas Tech.

WVU’s special teams coach? We got him from Oklahoma State.
WVU’s head coach? We got him from Texas Tech via Houston and then Oklahoma State.
I hope I said that right.
Either way, Holgorsen coached at Texas Tech, then Houston, then Oklahoma State, then WVU.

I guess you missed the "Texas Tech’s Defensive Coordinator got canned after he showed up wasted to practice" joke.

Yeah, missed it, but not surprised. If he ever hung out with Dana Holgorsen at Texas Tech or any other school along the way, that’s how he rolls.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 23:17 Mon 9/29/2014

Originally posted by foppa78
Big upcoming game for my Huskers this weekend against Michigan State. We definitely played poorly against Mcneese St but we have looked pretty darn good in each of our other games. The 5 turnovers killed us in their only win against us in last years meeting. Hopefully we can clean things up and pull off a solid W.

Huskers are the truth, straight ATM machine this year!

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 23:25 Mon 9/29/2014

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Can’t we all just point and laugh at Michigan? They’re beating themselves up in Ann Arbor. Brady Hoke is a dead man walking...

Those Michigan Men are missing Rich Rodriguez right about now. He’s sitting pretty at 4-0 and getting ready to dismantle Oregon’s defense this Thursday. Fearless Prediction: Last team with the ball scores and wins.

While I agree that we should all be pointing and laughing at the Maize & Blue, you’re kidding about the Oregon game right? AZ isn’t gonna sniff Oregon’s shit this year, I can guarantee you that.

The only thing Rich Rod is going to be dismantling is the QB depth chart.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 04:19 Tue 9/30/2014

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
Originally posted by foppa78
Big upcoming game for my Huskers this weekend against Michigan State. We definitely played poorly against Mcneese St but we have looked pretty darn good in each of our other games. The 5 turnovers killed us in their only win against us in last years meeting. Hopefully we can clean things up and pull off a solid W.

Huskers are the truth, straight ATM machine this year! A win and look out..

I actually have yet to see anything that says the Huskers are the truth.

They aren’t much different than last year. Their schedule to start the year has been pretty good for them though and I think that matters a lot as a team gets it all together. They haven’t played a team that had a chance to beat them outright based on their mistakes.

This weekend will tell us something about the Huskers finally. And a win @ MSU will definitely make the rest of the B1G take notice.. certainly would be the league’s best chance at some legitimacy. While I should be rooting for MSU (As Neb is in our division), it’ll be difficult to do so, I think.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:03 Tue 9/30/2014

...So, what is a "Ru-Ru Tribe"??

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:54 Tue 9/30/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
...So, what is a "Ru-Ru Tribe"??

Who the hell knows?

Coach gets hired before the end of the season. Temporary coordinator destroys the best offense in the country and wins the Fiesta Bowl. Suddenly, new coach doesn’t feel wanted anymore and is either fired or quits... claiming racism and discrimination.

George O’Leary is a known asshole and hardass. There isn’t any debate to this. Do I really think he would have so many coaches loyal to him (he does), both minority and not, if he were also a flaming racist? Hmmmm...

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:54 Tue 9/30/2014

Iowa beat Pitt!!!!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:12 Tue 9/30/2014

Nebraska is kicking ass and taking names. We’ll see what they can do against Michigan State this week. Probably the first and last obstacle standing between them and their first Big 10 championship. "Go Big Red" and all that.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:14 Tue 9/30/2014

Nebraska is kicking ass and taking names. We’ll see what they can do against Michigan State this week. Probably the first and last obstacle standing between them and their first Big 10 championship. "Go Big Red" and all that.

The MSU game actually means very little in regards to B1G Championship.

They can lose it and still control their own destiny. They can win it and still lose the championship easily based on one loss to a team in their division.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 13:45 Tue 9/30/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Iowa beat Pitt!!!!

Big time W