2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63640 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 17:59 Mon 11/17/2014

Did Muschamp teach the basketball team how to blow leads late in the game, too?!?

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:22 Tue 11/18/2014

Random predictions:

SEC will get one team, not two. That team will be the conference champion -- even if that champion has two losses.

Florida will beat Florida State, and things will get Weird.

Then, how about:
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Baylor
4. Ohio State

Obviously I’m rooting for Missouri to win out but I am trying to be realistic about this.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 03:29 Tue 11/18/2014

Originally posted by JoeinDahlem

... I am trying to be realistic about this.

Sorry if my basketball-related post misled you, but this thread is about football.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:56 Tue 11/18/2014

Originally posted by Homer321

... I am trying to be realistic about this.

Sorry if my basketball-related post misled you, but this thread is about football.

BOOK IT

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 04:17 Tue 11/18/2014

Random predictions:

SEC will get one team, not two. That team will be the conference champion -- even if that champion has two losses.

Then, how about:
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Baylor
4. Ohio State

Obviously I’m rooting for Missouri to win out but I am trying to be realistic about this.

Not so sure the SEC is only going to get one team in there, tonight’s poll will be telling indeed.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 04:33 Tue 11/18/2014

Originally posted by CheesedMan
Random predictions:

Then, how about:
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Baylor
4. Ohio State

Not so sure the SEC is only going to get one team in there...

Anything could happen but you have to look at the remaining games. I think MSU will lose at Ole Miss -- which could very well lose at Arkansas the week before.

I think the biggest pressure for two teams would come if the East champ wins in Atlanta -- not likely but possible.

But yeah, Alabama and MSU could both win out. All things being equal, wouldn’t the committee opt for a champion of another major conference over a second SEC team? I think they would -- but who knows?

In theory this committee is deliberative, not data-driven.

They will emphasize obvious factors like win-loss records, strength of schedule, conference championships won, head-to-head results and results against common opponents. The playoff group has retained SportSource Analytics to provide the data platform for the committee’s use. The platform will allow the committee members to compare and contrast every team on every level possible.

It should be noted that the committee will not use a single data point such as the Ratings Percentage Index (RPI) that is used for NCAA championships.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 13:00 Tue 11/18/2014

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 13:17 Tue 11/18/2014

Originally posted by brokensail
Looks like Muschump is done at Florida.

That is sooooo Sunday’s news

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 13:19 Tue 11/18/2014

Originally posted by Homer321
Originally posted by brokensail
Looks like Muschump is done at Florida.

That is sooooo Sunday’s news

Sorry brohammed, was busy driving 400 miles.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 21:06 Tue 11/18/2014

So, Muschamp will go out with a win or whimper against FSU and then land a decent DC gig somewhere.

Which mad offensive genius will Florida then hire?