2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63663 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 05:33 Sun 9/21/2014

Originally posted by jzzbassman
Originally posted by CheesedMan
Originally posted by TheAlum
Miss state rolling a train..

Shouldn’t have been that close at the end, terrible snap by our back-up center. The game was not as close as the score would indicate .

Just because I love you and your moobs, I’ve gotta give you shit about this

What are they showing in the film room in Starkville? American History X?

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:58 Mon 9/22/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Beating Pitt is an achievement!

Pitt >>>> Bethune Cookman

Miss St. finally wins a meaningful game in the SEC West and suddenly Cheesedman is back in the thread. I know it would be your best showing ever, but give us a call after they’ve finished 4th in the West.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 07:41 Mon 9/22/2014

Beating Pitt is an achievement!

Pitt >>>> Bethune Cookman

Miss St. finally wins a meaningful game in the SEC West and suddenly Cheesedman is back in the thread. I know it would be your best showing ever, but give us a call after they’ve finished 4th in the West.

Considering 6 of the 7 teams in the West are ranked, I’m pretty sure we’ll be more relevant than UCF at the end of the season. I mean, you got bitch slapped by a Mizzou team who lost to Indiana.

Where’s UCF sitting in the polls today?

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:06 Tue 9/23/2014

a Mizzou team who lost to Indiana.

Indiana came out like demons and tore up our O-line. It was... unexpected.

I watched the game and it was not a shitty one, except for the part about losing to a bottom-feeder B1G team.

Only conclusion at the end: Mizzou is not that good, and Indiana (really) is not that bad.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 11:12 Tue 9/23/2014

Oh enChino man.....you may not have noticed; I know the SEC is not on the same level as Notre Dame and the Pac12 or anything, but that "mess" of an Alabama offense put up 645 yards on Florida’s defense. Give the Florida D credit for forcing some uncharacteristic turnovers to stay in the game.

I sure hope they can get their offense on track. Sims threw for 335 yards in the 1st half; most in a half in the SEC’s last 10 seasons. Amari Cooper again shows that he is the best receiver in the country. Derrick Henry, the second RB, had 111 yards rushing.

I mean, I can’t hope to compete with your wealth of college football knowledge. I mean, I did win the pick ’em contest, and I’ve watched college football religiously since the late ’70’s, but I don’t know anything. So enlighten me, how would you describe Bama’s offense now?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Congrats, Sims figured it out for a game...but are you really calling it an accomplishment to beat
#1 any team coached by will muschamp and
#2 a team that needed 3 OTs AT HOME to beat a Kentucky team coached by a Stoops family member. In due time, kiffin will get exposed for what he really is.

Which leads me to my main point that for 2.5 years and running the whole "Vaunted SEC Defenses" garbage which WAS the only argument southern mouth breathers had against all the "gimmick" west coast offenses i.e. "they don’t play no defense out therr in tha wess coast"...A&M sets new records regularly, Bama gives up DD points every (meaningful)game now, etc., etc.

Every Pac-12 team except for Stanford, Utah, & Colorado would put up over 500 yards on anyone except maybe Ole Miss.

Are you even in the pick em this year?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:32 Tue 9/23/2014

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 13:13 Tue 9/23/2014

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:39 Tue 9/23/2014

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
Oh enChino man.....you may not have noticed; I know the SEC is not on the same level as Notre Dame and the Pac12 or anything, but that "mess" of an Alabama offense put up 645 yards on Florida’s defense. Give the Florida D credit for forcing some uncharacteristic turnovers to stay in the game.

I sure hope they can get their offense on track. Sims threw for 335 yards in the 1st half; most in a half in the SEC’s last 10 seasons. Amari Cooper again shows that he is the best receiver in the country. Derrick Henry, the second RB, had 111 yards rushing.

I mean, I can’t hope to compete with your wealth of college football knowledge. I mean, I did win the pick ’em contest, and I’ve watched college football religiously since the late ’70’s, but I don’t know anything. So enlighten me, how would you describe Bama’s offense now?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Congrats, Sims figured it out for a game...but are you really calling it an accomplishment to beat
#1 any team coached by will muschamp and
#2 a team that needed 3 OTs AT HOME to beat a Kentucky team coached by a Stoops family member. In due time, kiffin will get exposed for what he really is.

Which leads me to my main point that for 2.5 years and running the whole "Vaunted SEC Defenses" garbage which WAS the only argument southern mouth breathers had against all the "gimmick" west coast offenses i.e. "they don’t play no defense out therr in tha wess coast"...A&M sets new records regularly, Bama gives up DD points every (meaningful)game now, etc., etc.

Every Pac-12 team except for Stanford, Utah, & Colorado would put up over 500 yards on anyone except maybe Ole Miss.

Are you even in the pick em this year?

Someone has to acknowledge the gators secondary was complete trash. They gave cooper a 15+ yd cushion on the majority of plays. They had so many busted coverages, starting w bamas first snap.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:14 Thu 9/25/2014

Ain’t no party like a "meaningful and competitive college football on a Thursday" party, yo.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:13 Thu 9/25/2014

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian

If this were true, there would be some crystal football trophies over there on the west coast.