2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63637 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 05:07 Thu 11/27/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
FSU not being #1 before this weekend (don’t know what happens today) is a joke.
Jimbo Fisher needs to get on ESPN and say, "can any of the Championship voters tell me the last time I lost a game?"

Both Oregon and Alabama have lost 3 times since the last time FSU lost. I’m no FSU homer, but they are #1 until they get beaten.

Stop. Last season means nothing. If you have watched most of the games this year, FSU is clearly not the best. Bama or Oregon would pound them on a neutral field next week.

Nonsense. Last season means nothing, unless you’re the undefeated National Champion. I’d say the same thing about Auburn if they would have won last year and been undefeated this year. But, they didn’t.

If Bama or Oregon deserved to be #1, they wouldn’t have lost to a lesser opponent. FSU doesn’t seem to lose to their lesser opponents.

Another FSU band wagon fan, who’d have thought it?

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 07:00 Thu 11/27/2014

Doesn’t matter because FSU will lose to Florida this weekend.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:36 Thu 11/27/2014

If Rich Rod has figured anything out after his last few coaching years, it should be to stay put in Arizona. Any success in Arizona, and he is king. Stay, and be the king, RichRod. Don’t run off and deal with a shitstorm in Gainesville.

Probably good advice.
The greatest job in all of college athletics is a relatively successful basketball coach at a "football" school or a relatively successful football coach at a "basketball" school. David Cutcliffe, John Beilein, Jim Larrañaga, Mark Fox, Mark Stoops and Thad Matta come immediately to mind. Not a whole lot of pressure, you’re well paid, and it’s your job for life.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:17 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by Homer321
And for Frank’s sake, are you really going to blame RR’s losses on the class he inherited and then claim he is the reason for AZ success with another coach’s recruits?

Bingo! That is exactly what I’m doing.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:36 Fri 11/28/2014

Some good football on Black Friday, boys. Hey, we get to see Rich Rodriguez going up against another former WVU coach.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:04 Fri 11/28/2014

WKU-49 Marshall-42 at half-time. 91 combined points and 13 combined TDs in the first half. Amazingly bad defense and amazingly good offense.

If you’re not watching it, you’re probably missing Div. 1 FBS history.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 12:04 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by hopscotch
WKU-49 Marshall-42 at half-time. 91 combined points and 13 combined TDs in the first half. Amazingly bad defense and amazingly good offense.

Too busy watching Neby storm back on Iowa. What happened to hottie avatars?

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 17:45 Fri 11/28/2014

I think RB is censoring Eric’s Avatar in Forums, what happened to freedom on the net?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:47 Fri 11/28/2014

Hey, c’mon, you wouldn’t kick that WVU blond out of bed.

That was a nice come-back win by Braska. Hrm Maybe a "Husker Hottie" avatar is in order?

So GoT, what exactly has to happen for UCF to win the AAC or whatever that thing is they’re in? Obviously, they need to beat ECU next week. What else?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 18:02 Fri 11/28/2014

Originally posted by SHIG

I think RB is censoring Eric’s Avatar in Forums, what happened to freedom on the net?

That’s too bad. I can see them, but I haven’t logged out and taken a look. They recently changed the size of the forum avatars from microscopic (~15px x ~15px) to 80px x 80px. So, maybe they now have an anti-hottie or anti-hopscotch filter set into action. Thank God... The DAY is SAVED.

I do follow the rb guidelines.