2014 College Football Thread

Reads 63638 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 04:43 Sat 12/6/2014

Champions... again. We’re running out of room in the trophy case for all these. I wonder if Mississippi State will let us have their trophy case, since they aren’t using it.

If we win our bowl game, that will be 4 out of the last 5 years with 10+ wins. 9+ wins if we don’t win. 3 in a row, now. UCF is one of the most successful teams in the nation over the last 5 years. George O’Leary is a badass.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:30 Sat 12/6/2014

...successful in leagues no one cares about. Irrelevant to the nation.

And LOL at Matt saying he expects even more from UCF.. and I thought JJ was a homer

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:31 Sat 12/6/2014

And yes, my team is irrelevant too right now. Sad state of affairs for a financial behemoth

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 05:41 Sat 12/6/2014

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Champions... again. We’re running out of room in the trophy case for all these. I wonder if Mississippi State will let us have their trophy case, since they aren’t using it.

If we win our bowl game, that will be 4 out of the last 5 years with 10+ wins. 9+ wins if we don’t win. 3 in a row, now. UCF is one of the most successful teams in the nation over the last 5 years. George O’Leary is a badass.

Which half of the trophies do you put in the case? I mean, serious Q bro. Because two of those three conference championships UCF was tied for first. Tied. For first. In CUSA and American. That’s like being tied for the tallest midget. How did those first two games go. You remember? Where you played real teams?

Here’s a great article from 2011. I’d try to find a more up to date one, but frankly, I just don’t give a f%ck to look

For all the hype surrounding this year’s UCF Knights football program, Central Florida hasn’t had a lot of success against teams from one of the six BCS AQ conferences. During the Knights’ brief stint in college football’s top division, UCF has gone just 3-47 (0.060) against teams in one of the six BCS AQ conferences. That record includes going:

-- 0-10 vs. teams currently in the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12
-- 0-12 vs. the Big East
-- 1-12 vs. the ACC
-- 2-13 vs. the SEC

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2011/9/7/2409259/ucf-knights-football-history-vs-bcs

Please post again on sept 27 after spurrier and the cocks beat up on you next year. And ask if you can use the trophy case at Vanderbilt

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:00 Sat 12/6/2014

Small Man Syndrome.

Shared trophies that no one else in here wants.

Plus, UCF will not have played either team they are sharing the title with (Memphis and likely Cincy). With none of those 3 teams beating a Power 5 Conference team this year. Definition of a league no one cares about.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 10:53 Sat 12/6/2014

I’ll give it to George he is gifted with coaching the left over Florida recruits in a conference no one cares about to include the fans (insert ECU/UCF game photo). Its sad when ’Cuse currently has the 49th ranked recruiting class and is 14 out 14 in the ACC. Where is UCF 71! In fact we would be #1 in recruiting in the AAC, since Cinncy is at 54.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 13:00 Sat 12/6/2014

Welp.. 1st Course is up.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:36 Sat 12/6/2014

Originally posted by foppa78
Any teams out there looking for a new fan?

We’ll take ya in Morgantown. But I’m a Nebraska fan as well, so maybe I should be looking for a new 2nd favorite team.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:52 Sat 12/6/2014

Last night was a disappointment... to say the least.

I don’t care about Baylor and TCU impressing and the Big 12 looking as strong as any conference in the nation right now. I’m not a big "I My Conference" kinda guy.

What sucks is I’m having a hard time digesting the FSU victory (as anticipated as it probably was) and possibly more disappointing than any game all season long, OSU’s dismantling of Wisconsin. Pathetic.

"Urban Meyer’s a fucking genius and Ohio State deserves a spot in the playoff." There, I said it. It blows.

1. Bama or Oregon
2. Oregon or Bama
3. FSU
4. OSU

Originally posted by hopscotch on 11/2/2014
I think when all the games have been played, it’s gonna be more like:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Kansas State or TCU

meh

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 05:57 Sun 12/7/2014

And yet, the champions will end up in the Bitcoin Bowl, and still winless against MSU.